Wednesday, August 20, 2008

growing up


walking stick
Originally uploaded by Woody Dam Road
This morning Ossie wanted to lie in bed, alone, listening to Pearl Jam's "Better Man" over and over. And he wanted milk in his sippy cup. He did NOT want his babysitter (who is lovely, not incidently). When did this kid enter this cranky goth phase? Soon he will be writing bad poetry in spiral bound notebooks (or starting his own blog, heavenforfend). But, since I am pretty sure I have always been stuck in the poetry-writing misanthropic phase, I was touched. Isn't it hilarious that Pearl Jam is the favorite band of both kids? I wish I had taken a picture of Matilda rocking out while Ossie pretended to play the drums.

I know we haven't updated here in forever. We mean to, and often. Suffice to say that we are well, Matilda is one already (birthday pictures at our flickr account), the fall semester is about to begin and summer is nearly over. Le sigh.

3 comments:

Kathryn Frances Walker said...

i so love that they love pearl jam, and that most especially he loves "better man" -- daggum, that cracks me up.

Chatham Community Library said...

I love to watch Ossie listen to this music--I can see him really really listening, you know? Like it gets him deep inside. I peeked in through the window while he was listening once and saw him lying in bed, cd player right next to him, singing along and it just broke me wide open. He wants to know what the song means, too, wants to know what he's singing about. Amazing.

distant train said...

Too awesome, that kid. And happy late late birthday to Miss Matilda. I love you guys's pictures. I like her Super M birthday cake. XXX.