Saturday, May 1, 2010

what's next?

Jeff and the kids and the little dogs have all gone to Maryland for a few days. Jeff is fixing up the Gannon porch. I decided to stay home with Basho and fix up our own house and maybe finish my grading once and for all. I'm not planning on teaching that requires this kind of grading ever again. Soo happy about that. So.

The day is already hot and sticky. People wanting to preach to me actually made it all the way to the front door this morning before I or Basho recognized that these were strangers knocking on the door. I don't think that's ever happened before. How weird is that? I can't imagine being them, driving up some lonesome gravel road all the way to very end to find this small house surrounded by way too much detritus and thinking, yep, these are folks who'd really be interested in hearing from me in my suit about how jesus saves. Weird.

I'm glad for the sleeping in, but I miss my family. It feels strange to be home alone like this--lonesome. I miss Ossie being a super hero and his spectacular moves and his smile that lights up the whole world. I miss Matilda singing and drawing and finding gross things and sitting by my side with her messy hair. I miss Jeff and his sunshine. They've only been gone 8 hours. I think I'm going to clean house and then join them, is what I think.

No comments: